To our friends, graduates and followers – mark your calendars for Tuesday, December 1 for PWHT’s #GivingTuesday campaign and ‘help good go viral!’. Our program is really fueled by people power. It’s PWHT staff, volunteers, graduates and supporters who bring the program to life. Leading up to December 1st, you can best support this initiative by visiting our Facebook Page and ‘liking’ the page if you haven’t already. We will be posting new, PWHT branded content everyday and encourage you to share it on your Facebook and Twitter accounts.
#GivingTuesday is not just the launch of our end of year fundraising campaign for 2016, it is also our jumping off point for an exciting year ahead. So much will be happening next year on a national scale, including the release of Almost Sunrise, a full feature documentary following our own Tom Voss as he treks across the country with highlights from the Power Breath Meditation workshop. We are counting on your support not just financially, but also in getting the word out about Project Welcome Home Troops to Veterans in your community.
During the day on December 1, the PWHT Team will be hosting a series of 15 minute Supporter Engagement calls where you may call in to learn more about PWHT: hear from a Veteran graduate on the benefits they experienced from the workshop and listen in while the PWHT team on exciting developments for 2016.
Sign-up to join one or more of the calls here:
- Morning Call: 10am EST/ 7am PST
- Mid-Day Call: 3pmEST/ 12pm PST
- Evening Call: 8pm EST/ 5pm PST
This has been an amazing year for Project Welcome Home Troops and we’re just getting started! With your help we will be able to reach many, many more veterans, family member, and active duty service members.
END OF THE YEAR RECAP
- 2015 Year to date: 235 Veterans taught.
- $55,000 from the Covelli Group / Panera to offer workshops in 7 cities in Ohio with support from Congressman Tim Ryan.
- Meeting with 15 Members of Congress on Capitol Hill in April 2015 letting them hear about the efficacy of the Power Breath workshop from Veteran graduates, Tom Voss and Michael Vineyard.
- 4-Year study of the Power Breath Meditation and its impact on sleep with Veterans beginning at the Palo Alto VA Medical Center in the Spring of 2016.
- Hired our first full-time Veteran, Tom Voss, National Veteran Liaison who has just relocated to Washington, DC to spearhead PWHT’s outreach efforts there in the Veteran and Military communities.